For all who carry leather bags, the most important thing for maintaining bags is to use them with caution. When you own a handbag, always pay keen attention to prevent it from being scratched or polluted. There is some general knowledge about how to keep up handbags for you. Effizioni Fashion offers 15 tips and 7 notices on bags maintenance for our Effizioni customers.
1. Zippers – Keep your zippers zipping. Rub natural beeswax along the teeth of the zipper to maintain your fasteners’ grip.
2. Leather – Moisturize your leather. Use a leather conditioning cream to stop cracks along the base of your designer handbag and extend the look of your purse’s handle.
3. Clean patent leather handbag stains with Windex, vinegar diluted with water, spray glass cleaner, non-acetone polish remover and rubbing alcohol.
4. No Bag Stuffing – Carry necessities only. Leave the heavy loads to tractor trailers and U-haul. Your designer bag and its handles can be stretched beyond repair when you overload it with too many items. Overstuffing can weaken bag stitching as well.
5. Weather Protection – Rain guard not needed. Skip the silicone spray for weather protection. If you’re caught in the rain, dab the splashes. Don’t wipe the moisture away.
6. Suede – Suede is notoriously difficult to clean, so handle this precious leather with care. If your handbag has stiff leather handles, wrap them in cotton strips, to keep the leather away from the supple and fragile suede material.
7. Never use a treatment on suede designer bags. A stiff suede brush can repair gentle scuffs, but leave the serious stains to professionals.
8. Beware of Beauty Products – Handbags and beauty products don’t mix. Cosmetics, perfume and lotions can cause bag discoloration. Products that beautify your face and body often seep into the skins of your bag and age the materials.
9. Dust Bags Needed – A designer handbag is sold with a dust bag to protect your investment from dust, dirt and debris. Don’t have a fancy-flannel-drawstring-pouch to store your purse? A cotton pillowcase works just as well.
10. Patent Leather Handbags – Patent leather can be cleaned with a small dot of vinegar applied with a soft fabric. Isolate patent leather bags from dark colored bags to prevent discoloration.
11. Snakeskin and Exotic Handbags – Exotic handbags, like snakeskin handbags need special care. While you can clean these bags with a white cloth and a dab of water, serious repair should be left to the experts. In 2010, repairing a small snakeskin bag can cost you anywhere from 100 to 200 dollars.
12. Give a Handbag Break. The everyday handbag is an oxymoron. Just like shoes, bags need a chance to breathe. Don’t carry the same bag every day. Select three bags for work and rotate these three purses weekly.
13. Fabric Bags Need Love too. Fabric bags attract dust more than any other material. Rub them down with a cotton cloth and lint roller before storage. Refrain from using fabric pens and cotton stain sprays for blemish removal. Serious stains require the work of a professional.
14. Proper Storage Techniques. Retain the shape of your bag with acid free-tissue paper or bubble wrap. Keep bags upright in your closet on a shelf. Don’t pile bags on top of each other in the bottom of your closet. Never stuff newspaper or colored tissue inside your handbags. The newsprint and colored ink will discolor the inside of your purse.
15. Small Bags – Wrap small bags in tissue paper and place in paper boxes for storage. Chain handles should be tucked in bags to prevent creases and broken links. Bags with beads, sequins, crystals and jeweled ornamentation should be stored separately.
1. Keep them dry; keep them somewhere cool and well ventilated.
2. Never expose to the sun; never keep near fire; never to be washed by water; never to be hit by sharp objects and never touch any chemical solvents.
3. If your bag touches water carelessly, you need to clean the water with a soft cloth protecting from the folds left on the face of the bag caused by stain or watermark. So in this case you need to be very careful while you are carrying the Corium bags outside during a rainy day.
4. Shoe polish should be used with extreme caution on the Corium bags.
5. Scrub the Corium bags with no water at all. And use the crude brush not the vegetable wax to polish the bags.
6. Take good care of all the metal accessories on the bags, which are easily oxidized by moisture and high-salty environment.