Dressing to Look Taller
Dressing to Look Taller and slimmer is probably a universal wish among women, and has been for ages. If, however, you are more on the petite side and have spent years waiting for a genie to come your way and grant your “make me taller” wish, it’s time to embrace who you are, and be the most stylish you can be. The fashion tips for petite women listed below should help you get through-
· Opt for a monochromatic look –This is one of the easiest tricks that you can use to instantly add a few inches to your frame. Instead of breaking your outfit into two blocks of colors, wear dresses in one dark color from top to bottom. Another way to go monochromatic is to match the color of your bottoms with that of your shoes in beige, brown, or even black.
· Stripes/ vertical seams are your best friend- Always keep “vertical” in mind while shopping for clothes. This might be in the form of stripes, or even seams and pleats. All that you want is lines running from the top to the bottom of your apparel, in whatever form.
· The magic of v-shaped necks- V-shaped necks are a god-sent for short women. They make your neck look longer, and add length to your torso, making you look taller and slimmer. Look for clothes that is well-fitted to your body shape. Long sleeves and long shirts are also great bets for short women.
· Slip into a sexy pair of high heels- Indulge in the awesome pairs of heels that are rampant in the fashion shoes world. Fashionable as they might be, flats and flip-flops should be stayed away from, and replaced with high heels. You can go for platform heels if you wish to stay comfortable while working on your style quotient.
· Pass the big handbags and small skirts- Big handbags run a risk of overpowering your petite frame and making you look thinner than you actually are. Instead, look for some stylish fashion handbags that are just the right size to go with your body type. Small skirts and capris are a tricky option when it comes to short women, since they can make your legs appear short and stubby. Bermuda shorts and knee-length skirts might be just what you need to add length to your legs.
There you have it, petite and confident.