I would like to leave you all with some fun and interesting bags facts! This might help you make your next pick when purchasing either High street or Designer labels.
Did you know….
1. The first documented use of handbags comes from 14th century hieroglyphics.
2. The word “handbags” was first used in the early 1900’s to describe men’s briefcases.
3. Hermes introduced the first handbag with a zipper in 1923.
4. Gucci began using its cane handles in the 1940’s, during WWII, because of the leather shortage.
5. Based on a survey in 2007, men are actually more likely to choose a handbag based on its brand than women are.
6. The first most expensive handbag ever made was created in 2008 by a Japanese designer. The clutch was made of platinum and over 2000 diamonds, costing over $2 million.
7. In 2010 Guinness awarded Mouawad for creating the most valuable handbag in the world the Mouawad 1001 Nights Diamond Purse ($3.8M).
8. It is said that the average woman owns 6 handbags. (Yay or Nay)
9. The average women’s handbags weigh 5.2 pounds. (What do we carry?)
9. 22% of women said if they could only splurge on one designed item, it would be a handbag. Only 9% said they would choose shoes.
Hmmm!!!! What interesting facts, hope you find these interesting!