The LBD is an enduring fashion trend made popular by Coco Chanel in the 1920s; it was also a wardrobe staple for Chanel who considered this outfit useful for either daytime or evening wear. Today it is a trend that has lingered, more or less stayed; this Fashion outfit has become a wardrobe staple for most women.
I personally love black as part of my color collections and I would say YES to the little black dress, in fact every woman should have one in her wardrobe. Why? Because it is an essential, you can never go wrong with, it comes in different styles and can be worn in different ways.
Here are several ways to rock your LBD
Picking an LBD is important because you need to consider body shapes, personal style and purpose.
- Start out with the right LBD for you, because all LBDs are not equal.
- You can accessorize with red however keep it simple.
- Accessorize with nice statement necklace, however this does not have to be expensive, because “Costume Jewelry can be just as fun as the real thing” –Coco Chanel.
- Style you LBD with a Jacket
- You can match the LBD with a nude or red shoe
- Glam up with Red Lipstick
- Match it with a nice slim belt
- For evening wear you can wear a tube LBD and accessorize for that Hollywood glam look
Apparently if you agree with me the LBD is an obvious choice for any dress up look due to its versatility.
Thus when making that choice for an LBD think of body shapes, personal style and purpose.
Here is a video with 10 more ways to wear the LBD.
Video: The AOL On Network